Referring your patients to our hospital is simple, provided they meet the safe criteria for treatment…
In order to be referred to us for treatment, the patient must not:
- Be pregnant
- Be below 18 years
- Have unstable insulin-dependent diabetes
- Require an overnight stay
- Have central Sleep Apnoea
- Have COPD requiring home oxygen
- Have decompensated Chronic Heart Failure (CHF)
- Have had a Myocardial Infarction (MI) within last 3 months
- Cardiomyopathy with an ejection fraction of <30%
An outpatient appointment is required if:
- Morbid obesity BMI > 40
- Unstable angina
- Aortic stenosis
- Drug/alcohol dependent patients
For diagnostic imaging referrals, the patient must not:
- Be pregnant
- Below 18 years of age
For our Dermatology service patients must:
- Be over 4 years old
- Have a pre-diagnosed chronic condition
For our Audiology service patient must:
- Be over 55 years old
Please note that we only provide general abdominal, renal and gynaecological ultrasound scanning tests and all of our endoscopy clinics are nurse led.
As long as the condition is managed, and the patient is stable upon admission for treatment, we can accept patients with:
- Atrial Fibrillation
- High blood pressure
- Parkinson’s Disease
If the patient meets the above criteria, you can refer them to us in various ways:
The NHS e-Referral Service is our method for patient referrals.
Our patient booking teams have excellent knowledge of how our referral process works, including what can and cannot be accepted. We can arrange training sessions with the people who make your referrals, or provide you with a dedicated phone line to call whenever you have a question.
Practice Plus Group Surgical Centre, St Mary’s Portsmouth
If you are posting or emailing a referral, please detail the patient’s medical history and any other relevant information you feel it would be beneficial for our consultant to know.
For ultrasound and echocardiograms, patients will need an appointment. Therefore we require your referral to be provided via post or NHS mail.
Audiology and Opticians referrals can still be received via post, fax and NHS mail.
Explore our full range of NHS treatments.
Practice Plus Group Surgical Centre, St Mary’s Portsmouth is now providing a new advice and guidance facility
- Improved GP access to Consultant led advice for the specialities at Practice Plus Group Surgical Centre, St Mary’s Portsmouth: Orthopaedics, General Surgery, Ophthalmology, Gastroenterology, Urology, Colorectal, Dermatology, Cardiac Monitoring, ENT and Audiology.
- Easy to access via email
- Improved communication between referring GPs and clinical Consultants in secondary care
How do you access this service?
- NHS number, patient name and DOB
- Detail of the clinical enquiry
The advice and guidance facility will then:
- Aim to respond within 24 hours
- Offer a Consultant led response
Please ensure that all advice and guidance requests, including all patient identifiable information, are sent via your secure NHS net address.