We can provide a fast, convenient service for those who have a minor injury or illness in Portsmouth.
Our team of multidisciplinary practitioners can offer treatment, advice and information for a range of minor injuries and illnesses. Our waiting times can be considerably less than emergency departments and we work with our local emergency department to help patients make the appropriate choice for the care they need.
If you’re unsure of where to go and require further advice, please call 111. In an emergency, always dial 999.
At Practice Plus Group Urgent Treatment Centre, St Mary’s Portsmouth we have made numerous alterations to our practices to ensure your safety and the safety of our staff. Whilst at the UTC and while we to treat you, please adhere to the below social distancing guidelines:
1. Please attend alone as only those that require treatment will be allowed to enter the department (unless you are accompanying a child, you’re a carer for an adult or supporting a person that lacks mental capacity).
2. You will be required to wear a face covering / mask whilst within the department at all times.
3. Screening at the reception for signs and symptoms of COVID-19 has been introduced. This includes being asked a set of screening questions to ensure that you are not at risk of having COVID-19.
4. You will be encouraged to use hand sanitisers when you arrive and when you leave the service.
5. All patients that have a condition that requires urgent treatment with symptoms of COVID-19 will be seen immediately and taken to an isolation room within the unit.
6. Please follow the social distancing signs that are on the floor to ensure you maintain a 2 metre distance whilst queuing to book in and whilst in the department.
7. Reception staff will book you into the centre behind Perspex screens if you have difficulty in hearing please inform the staff.
8. If there is enough capacity within the department you will be asked to take a seat which are deliberately positioned 2 metres apart. If there is no capacity within the waiting area you will be asked to return to your car with a hand held buzzer until a practitioner is ready to see you.
9. All staff that consult with you will be wearing a surgical mask, apron and gloves for the duration of your visit.
We offer flexible opening hours to our patients
- Mon-Fri: 7.30am-10.00pm
- Weekends and bank holidays: 8.00am-10.00pm
The unit is open to all NHS patients, no appointments required.
GPs are on site between 10.00 -14.00 and 16.00-20.00.
The majority of patients can be seen and treated by our skilled UTC practitioners. We will assess your clinical need and allocate you to the appropriate clinician.
Who we treat
We treat both adults and children, and we have a separate children’s waiting area with play facilities and children’s TV.
Where to find us
We are located next to St Mary’s Health Campus, on Milton Road, Portsmouth.
If you have any concerns or queries about the change to our service please refer to our FAQs.